I've been inspired by one of my readers, Jaime, who recently challenged herself to dupe the Coloured Raine Queen of Hearts palette. This...

Dupes for Coloured Raine Queen of Hearts


I've been inspired by one of my readers, Jaime, who recently challenged herself to dupe the Coloured Raine Queen of Hearts palette. This palette came back in stock for a nanosecond earlier this week, and it is apparently the "last time" the palette was to be available. (I don't know if I believe that.) I know that right now, many people are left disappointed, and I thought it might be helpful to offer some dupes. 

I have to say, this really wasn't all that hard for me to pull together from my own collection, which tells me how simple this palette really is. I think the main appeal to it is the combination of shadows in one place rather than the complexity or uniqueness of any of the shadows. 

So here are my dupes:


Crown / Kat Von D Thunderstruck:



Crown, Thunderstruck 

Heir / Makeup Geek Peach Smoothie:



Heir, Peach Smoothie

Royal Highness / Anastasia Beverly Hills Pink Champagne:



Royal Highness, Pink Champagne 

Royal Prerogative / Makeup Geek Creme Brulee:



Royal Prerogative, Creme Brulee

Your Majesty / Juvia's Place Casablanca / MAC Amber Lights:



Your Majesty, Casablanca, Amber Lights

Noblewoman / Juvia's Place Calabar:



Noblewoman, Calabar 

Princess / Makeup Geek Cupcake:



Princess, Cupcake 

Ladyship / Colourpop 143:



Ladyship, 143

Empress / Viseart Dark Matte 8 / Milani Earthly Elements:




Empress, Dark Matte 8, Earthly Elements 

Duchess / Anastasia Beverly Hills Fudge: 



Duchess, Fudge

Queen Mother / Anastasia Beverly Hills Rosette:



Queen Mother, Rosette

Dethrone / Anastasia Beverly Hills Chocolate:



Dethrone, Chocolate 

For the exception of Empress and Noblewoman, I was able to find a single shadow dupe for every color in this palette. Princess and Cupcake were the only two shadows that didn't look like total dupes, but on the eye, there isn't much difference. I feel the matte shadows in this palette are pretty standard and basic, so if you were disappointed that you weren't able to pick up this palette, I would look into some of the shimmer dupes I've listed. 

Queen of Hearts is a pretty palette, and I enjoy it, but I don't think it is as crazy special as everyone is making it out to be. If you didn't have an opportunity to purchase it, that's okay. Because at the end of the day, so much eyeshadow looks the same. And we just trick ourselves into thinking that this one formula or this one color combination or this one palette is different and so special. But it's not. You don't need to count down the minutes to a makeup release, refresh the page over and over while the website crashes, and then find out it all sold out in minutes anyway. This is makeup! Not a once-in-a-lifetime concert or symphony or Hamilton tickets. This is neutral eyeshadow, just with some hype thrown in. 

Hope this is helpful. 

0 nhận xét: